A black semi truck drives over a busy bridge.

What type of trailer interchange coverage do I need?

A lot of new trucking clients running power only loads or signing up for Amazon Relay keep asking this question: add Trailer Interchange or non-owned trailer?

I personally like to add Hired Auto Physical Damage limits up to $150,000 in coverage that would cover any truck or trailer my client leases/hauls for 30 days or less. Anything beyond 30 days, I go ahead and list it as a scheduled auto on the policy. I only write Trailer Interchange when required by contract!


Check out my website at https://www.shawnnhelpingtruckers.com

For factoring/fuel cards check out https://www.rtsinc.com/agent-company/

As always, you can count on the commercial truck insurance professionals at The Daniel & Henry Company to assist you through challenging claims and all of our insurance, risk management, and safety issues. Contact us today to discuss solutions for your transportation risk management program.

How to Select Truck Insurance Physical Damage Deductibles
Two workers in safety vests stand next to a semi truck and review documentsAsk a Safety Rep: Regulatory Updates